When you go to work, the last thing on your mind is that you might get hurt. However, work accidents do happen. What you really do not expect is that a piece of equipment you use for your job to malfunction. When that happens, you could be left in a tricky spot when deciding how to proceed for compensation.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to help you if you need a Philadelphia Defective Product Lawyer. Let us get to work on investigating what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
How Do Workers Get Hurt?
Work injuries are a reality. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were approximately 2.8 million Nonfatal Injuries or Illnesses reported in 2017. We know that some industries have a higher risk of worker injuries than others, but we want to point out that anyone can suffer from a work injury.
What you should never have to worry about is a faulty product that you use for your work causing you harm. Think about all of the equipment and tools you use at your job:
- Construction workers use power tools, ladders, cranes, etc.
- Warehouse workers use forklifts
- Janitorial service workers use chemicals
The list can go on and extend to every occupation. While it is up to employers to provide training to all workers on proper equipment use, that will not do any good if the product is faulty in the first place.
There are various ways in which a product becomes defective, including:
- Poor Designs that are not discovered when the product is being tested.
- Manufacturing Mistakes that alter the product from its original design.
- Labeling Issues that mislead a product’s users. This can include issues with instructions or hazards being left off the label.
When you are injured at work due, you usually go through Workers Compensation, but that will limit your ability to collect damages if a faulty product was to blame. It is vital that you speak with a qualified Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney who can guide you towards the route that will get the most compensation for your injuries.
How Our Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Nobody wants to get hurt at work, but when a work injury does occur, you need to get compensation. However, if a faulty product caused your work injury, you may be eligible for more than what workers’ compensation will cover.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we want to help you get through this. Our team will investigate the incident and work to secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Cost of your current and future medical bills
- Recovery of income lost if you are unable to work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer