Work Visa in Philadelphia

The Immigration and Nationality Act sets out several temporary work visas and employment-based green card options. For some background information, you can find some basic information about some of the most frequently viable work visa options below:

Non-immigrant visas:

  • B-1 – Temporary Business Visitors
    • Entry to participate in business activities of a commercial or professional nature in the United States
    • Requires foreign residence with no intention of abandoning
  • F-1 – Student Visas (including OPT)
    • Students are admitted through their school finish date
    • Students must demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to pay for their schooling and living expenses
  • H-1B – Specialty Occupation Workers
    • Allows an individual to come to the United States to be employed in a “specialty occupation.”
    • Generally requires a baccalaureate (or higher) degree, or its equivalent, to be the standard minimum requirement for entry into the particular position.
  • L-1A – Intracompany Transferees (Executives or Managers)
    • The U.S. and foreign employers must have a “qualifying relationship.”
    • The foreign employer must have employed the individual in a managerial or executive capacity.
  • L-1B – Intracompany Transferees (Specialized Knowledge)
    • The U.S. and foreign employers must have a “qualifying relationship.”
    • The individual must be seeking admission to the U.S. to work in a specialized knowledge capacity.
  • E-1 – Treaty Traders
    • The individual and the business in question must be nationals of a treaty country as designated by the U.S. Department of State.
    • The business must conduct substantial principal trade between the U.S. and the treaty country.
    • The individual must be an executive or supervisor or have special qualifications.
  • E-2 – Treaty Investors
    • The individual must be a national of a treaty country as designated by the U.S. Department of State.
    • The individual must be investing a substantial amount of capital in the U.S. business.
    • The individual must be an executive or supervisor or have special qualifications.
  • O-1 – Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
    • The individual must have “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or … a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry.”
    • The individual must have been recognized nationally or internationally for their achievements.
  • TN – NAFTA Professional Workers
    • Canadian and Mexican citizens may enter the U.S. to temporarily engage in business activities at a professional level.
    • Only specific categories of occupations qualify.

Immigrant visas:

  • EB-1A – Extraordinary Ability
    • The individual must have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
    • The individual must have received sustained national or international acclaim.
  • EB-1B – Outstanding Professors and Researchers
    • The individual must demonstrate international recognition for their outstanding achievements in a particular academic field.
    • The individual must have at least 3 years of experience in teaching or research in that academic area.
    • The individual must be coming to the U.S. to enter a tenure-track university position.
  • EB-1C – Multinational Managers and Executives
    • The individual must have been employed for at least 1 year by the foreign affiliate organization within the last 3 years before filing the petition with USCIS.
    • That employment must have been in a managerial or executive capacity
  • EB-2A – Advanced Degree
    • The job in question must require an advanced degree (or a bachelor’s plus 5 years of experience in the field)
  • EB-2B – Exceptional Ability
    • The individual must be exceptional in the sciences, arts, or business.
  • EB-2C – National Interest Waiver
    • Generally, the individual must have exceptional ability, and their employment must greatly benefit the U.S.
  • EB-3A – Skilled Workers
    • The job in question requires 2 years of training or work experience.
  • EB-3B – Professionals
    • The job requires at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent.
  • EB-3C – Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)
    • The individuals will perform unskilled labor requiring less than 2 years of training or experience.

These categories may offer ideal solutions for your business immigration needs, whether you are seeking to hire and/or train new personnel, transfer existing employees, or invest in U.S. businesses.

The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin can assist companies and individuals with their business immigration needs. We understand the necessity of global mobility in the modern employment marketplace and recognize the individual needs of domestic and international entities. Together, we will work to develop timely and bespoke business immigration solutions. These solutions include temporary non-immigrant work visas and permanent immigrant visa petitions.

Our firm is experienced in providing detail-oriented immigration service and advocacy to a wide range of professional disciplines, including architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical science, social science, computer science and IT, life science, medicine and health, education, research, writing, business management, law, and many more.