We hear about product recalls on the news all the time, but we never think we will need a Product Liability Lawyer in Philadelphia. However, defective products may make it into your home more often than you think.
When that happens, and they cause you or a loved one harm, you need to know where to turn. We recently learned that there was yet another major food recall issued by the FDA.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our team is ready to get to work on securing the compensation you need for all of your injury-related expenses.
What Happened With These Recalls?
If you are like many other Americans, then you probably spent the Memorial Day weekend grilling out with friends or family. However, you had to be careful about the food you bought this past Memorial Day.
The FDA Issued Recalls on over 62,000 pounds of raw beef products due to possible E. coli contamination. The problem was detected during a random sample testing by the US government.
- The affected products were all from the Aurora Packing Company, Inc.
- They included short ribs, ribeyes, and briskets.
- There have been no confirmed reports of any adverse consumer reactions.
Many people may have found themselves throwing away their food or bringing it to the store for a refund.
Recalls Happen all the Time
When you go look at the Government Website that keeps track of all current recalls in the country, you may be surprised to find that there are hundreds of items there. You will find that no industry is spared.
If you are like most of us, you are wondering how so many faulty products make it to the market in the first place. In most cases, products become faulty due to:
- A design flaw that is not discovered in testing.
- A manufacturing design that alters a product from its design.
- A labeling problem that misleads consumers. This can include not having the correct instructions, leaving ingredients off, not warning consumers of hazards or side effects, and more.
Companies and manufacturers should be held accountable when they make a mistake. In many cases, the public does not become aware of a product’s hazards until it has been on the market for years (week killers, cigarettes, medical devices, etc.).
Let Us Help If You Are Harmed
The last thing you ever expected was something you purchased to cause you or a loved one harm. If a faulty product is to blame, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible.
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer