Citizenship Lawyer Philadelphia
A Citizenship Lawyer is indispensable for any client seeking to apply for citizenship through naturalization in the United States. A Philadelphia Citizenship Lawyer at The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. can provide legal representation to clients seeking to obtain citizenship by determining a constructive approach and guiding clients throughout the process.
The benefits and freedom which accompany becoming a legal United States citizen are almost endless. These privileges include:
- The right to vote.
- The right to obtain a U.S. passport and travel freely.
- The right to work as a federal employee.
- The right to collect federal benefits.
- The right to start or provide for the family you have or want to have in this country.
The first step in this exciting process should be finding an Immigration Lawyer to guide you through the proceeding steps and ensure that the process runs smoothly and effectively. It is important to provide your attorney with all the essential information that could affect your citizenship in both negative and positive ways. It is imperative to obtain an attorney if you have had previous legal issues, such as a criminal history or failure to pay taxes or child support, which might affect your ability to meet the good moral character requirement. To apply to become a United States citizen, you need to hold a green card (Lawful Permanent Resident) for at least 5 years. If you are married to a U.S. Citizen, the wait is reduced to three years instead. After this wait, the next step is to fill out a citizenship application (FORM N-400). Small mistakes on this application can cost you time, money, and even your opportunity to become a citizen. That is why it is vital to have one of our lawyers guide you through the application. We can also provide you with resources to ensure you meet all other requirements, such as English literacy and knowledge of U.S. History and Government.
How hard is it to become a U.S. citizen?
Becoming a U.S. citizen is a long and complicated process. It may take even longer to process the application because of the personal and financial costs. Many individuals don’t have a direct or immediate relative residing in the U.S., making it difficult for them to obtain the visa. It will not be that hard to become a U.S. citizen if you fulfill all the criteria and the requirements. You can get in touch with Citizenship Lawyer Philadelphia to know more about the complicated procedure.
At times, it may take more than a year to get the visa approved.
How does citizenship work?
Here are the steps that are followed in the citizenship process:
- Determining eligibility: An individual must have a green card to become a permanent citizen of the country. The individual must be 18 years of age and must fulfill certain essential criteria, including understanding the U.S. government.
- Naturalization application: The person who meets the criteria can apply for the naturalization process to get the visa. Foreign citizens can get legal U.S. citizenship under this process. All you would have to do is fill an application form and pay an overall amount of $725 to proceed further to the next step.
- Biometrics screening and interview: The USCIS will first conduct biometrics screening and multiple background checks, which will be then followed by an in-person interview. Only applicants who clear the biometrics and background checks will be called for an interview. You must speak to a Citizenship lawyer in Philadelphia to determine your chances of getting selected at this crucial stage. You can speak to our experienced attorneys to understand how the USCIS department will evaluate your application.
- Civics and English test: Along with the interview, the USCIS department will also take your civics and English test to determine your abilities to speak and write. Your knowledge and understanding of the country will also be tested during the process. You can speak to our Citizenship lawyer Philadelphia and get yourself prepared for the test. Our experts will help you prepare for this critical test to decide the final status of your application.
- An oath at a public ceremony: The oath will be taken before the individual receives their naturalization certificate. This will be for individuals who are approved and can obtain their visas. Only those selected candidates will be allowed to take an oath.
Why do you need a citizenship lawyer Philadelphia?
You have made your mind about settling in the other country. However, you cannot shift to the country unless the government permits you. Unless you have been granted a citizenship visa, you won’t live as a citizen in the country. There are various ways of getting U.S. citizenship, such as get a green card, marry a U.S. citizen, join the military, or if your spouse lives in the country, you can seek citizenship.
However, this isn’t as simple as it may sound. There are various laws and eligibility criteria to keep in mind when applying for citizenship. For example – if you are a green card holder, you cannot get your citizenship before five years. For a span of five years, you have to be a green card holder in the country. After that, you can seek citizenship.
In another case, if your spouse is a U.S. citizen, you can also get citizenship. However, you will have to leave the country immediately after you receive citizenship. Alternatively, there are various things to keep in mind about citizenship.
You may not know what an experienced Philadelphia citizenship attorney will know. You may read the rules and eligibility criteria. However, the attorneys have experienced that life and know what the evaluators will approve and not approve. When you have a legal professional by your side, the process will become much easier for you.
The attorneys will not only assist you, but they will also help you complete all the paperwork and documentation. They will review your case and determine different strategies that can help in strengthening your case. Having a lawyer will also improve your chances of getting citizenship.