How can a New Jersey Slip and Fall Lawyer help you?
Slip and fall accidents can be very serious, and often result in catastrophic injuries. They are common in the US, with over one million people sustaining injuries each year. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be wondering what your legal options are.
A New Jersey slip and fall lawyer can help you recover compensation for your injuries. Slip and fall accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including wet floors, uneven surfaces, and defective stairs. If the property owner was aware of the dangerous condition and did not take steps to fix it, they may be held liable for your injuries.A New Jersey slip and fall lawyer will investigate your case and gather evidence to support your claim. They will also negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, gain legal advice from a premises liability attorney at the law offices of Greg Prosmushkin. Call us at (609) 656-0909 or fill out a free case evaluation form.
What should you do after a Slip and fall accident in New Jersey?
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident and wish to get compensation for your losses, there are a few steps you should take:
- 1. Get medical attention: Your health should be your top priority after a slip and fall accident. Even if you do not think you are seriously injured, it is important to get checked out by a doctor. Some injuries, such as concussions, may not be immediately apparent.
- 2. Gather evidence: It will be important to have evidence to support your claim. Take photos of the scene of the accident and get the contact information of any witnesses.
- 3. Contact a New Jersey slip and fall lawyer: An experienced lawyer will be able to advise you of your legal rights and options. They will also be able to help you gather evidence and build a strong case.
- 4. File a claim: Your lawyer will help you file a claim with the insurance company. They will negotiate on your behalf to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
- 5. Go to court: In some cases, it may be necessary to take your case to court. Your lawyer will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to contact a New Jersey slip and fall lawyer. They will be able to advise you of your legal options and help you get the compensation you deserve.
What types of slip and fall cases does our legal team handle?
For the past 20 years, we have been helping clients. We focus on representing complex slip and fall cases in court. We have helped thousands of clients where the property owner failed to give a warning signal. New Jersey Personal Injury lawyers will help you if you have faced any slip and fall accident.
We have experience dealing with the following sorts of accidents:
- Slippery floors: Floors can be slippery due to a variety of factors, including water, oil, wax, and soap. If the floor is not properly cleaned or maintained, it can become dangerous. The property owner must give some warning signals. It would prevent any slip and fall cases.
- Snow and Ice: Some property owners neglect to remove ice and snow from stairwells, sidewalks, or parking lots. As a result, it is hazardous to walk across the area. As a result, everyone accountable for the failure must immediately clear the area.
- Clutter: If a walkway or side is covered in debris, equipment, or tools, it might cause individuals to trip over it. It has the potential to inflict significant damage.
- Uneven surfaces: It’s possible that the tiles will come loose or be destroyed, resulting in someone falling. There may be some shaky surfaces with rails and scaffolding. It may result in a fall.
- Open holes: If there are holes present in parking lots or the environment, it can lead to a dangerous situation. The holes may sometimes be covered by snow, making them more hazardous.
- Insufficient lighting: Poor lighting in hallways, parking lots, and stairwells might be a cause of someone falling due to unseen obstructions.
- Spills: If some liquid has fallen from the shelf and spread on the floor in a store. It makes customers and employees working there extremely vulnerable to slipping and falling.
If you were hurt as a result of someone else’s carelessness, a New Jersey Slip and fall injury lawyer may assist you. Your lawyer will help you to prove that the property owner was negligent in maintaining the property. They will also assist you in understanding your state’s statute of limitations for filing a slip and fall claim. In most states, you have two years to file a premises liability lawsuit.
What components do you need to show in a slip and fall case in New Jersey?
The first thing you need to prove is that the property owner or the person in charge of the premises was negligent. The elements you need to show in order to prove this are:
- The property owner or the person in charge of the premises owed you a duty of care.
- The property owner or the person in charge of the premises breached that duty by failing to maintain the property in a reasonably safe condition.
- You were hurt as a result of that breach.
- The property owner or the person in charge of the premises should have known about the dangerous condition and failed to remedy it.
- The property owner or the person in charge of the premises should have taken reasonable steps to protect you from the dangerous condition.
If you can prove these elements, then you will have a strong case against the property owner. A Slip and fall attorney in New Jersey can assist you in establishing that the accident was caused by the property owner or the premises’ owner. They will aid you in gathering all of the necessary evidence to demonstrate culpability on the part of another party.
What sort of compensation can you get in a slip and fall case in New Jersey?
If you are successful in your slip and fall case, you may be entitled to various types of compensation. The most common type of compensation is economic damages. This includes things like medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. If you have suffered pain and suffering, you may also be able to get non-economic damages. These are more difficult to quantify but can be substantial. A slip and fall lawyer in New Jersey will be able to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The compensation of the injured person will be lowered based on your percentage of responsibility under New Jersey’s Comparative Negligence Law. You may be prohibited from obtaining compensation if the mistake is greater than that of the property owner. If you have been hurt as a result of carelessness on the part of a property owner, an experienced Slip and Fall Lawyer in New Jersey may be able to help you determine what your next steps should be.
Contact a New Jersey Slip and fall lawyer today!
A lawyer can help you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a slip and fall, don’t hesitate to contact a New Jersey Slip and Fall lawyer today. Consult our lawyers today by scheduling a free case evaluation.