You should never have to worry about your safety when you are walking around Philly. However, we know that there are plenty of negligent and careless drivers around the city. Pedestrians are amongst the most vulnerable people in and around the roadway.
When you need a Philadelphia Pedestrian Accident Lawyer, you can count on the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. to be by your side. Today, we want to discuss a recent Car Crash that left seven people injured.
What Happened In This Philadelphia DUI Case?
On July 12, seven people were injured when a vehicle Struck Pedestrians and another vehicle outside of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. The crash was at 10th and Sansom Streets. Police say that a 68-year-old driver southbound on 10th Street jumped the curb and struck three people, crossed Sansom Street and hit a family of three in another vehicle.
Police say that the driver responsible “appeared to be impaired and semi-conscious” and that he may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The hospital’s nursing staff immediately went outside to help the victims.
- A 64-year-old woman was in extremely critical condition
- A 51-year-old woman and a 39-year-old man were in critical condition
- The family of three were injured but listed in stable condition
These Incidents Are All Too Common
For the Latest Reporting Year in Pennsylvania, there were:
- 150 pedestrian crash fatalities
- Over 4,000 pedestrian crash injuries
Pedestrians do not have any protection from an impact with a passenger vehicle. It is not uncommon for us to see serious injuries as a result of these incidents, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries/head injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries/paralysis
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or Amputations
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation says that around 40% of these crashes happen when a person is using a specified crossing area. In many cases, like the one in this story, the person to blame is impaired by drugs or alcohol. We also know that drivers distracted by their cell phones are a major concern for pedestrian safety.
Pedestrian Crash Victims and their families are often left with the enormous burden of medical expenses and extensive recovery times. In the worst cases, families are left planning funerals, wondering how to move forward without their loved one.
Let Us Get To Work On Your Behalf Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian crash that was caused by another person’s negligence, please seek legal assistance now. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our team is ready to get to work investigating this incident. You deserve to be fully compensated for your crash-related expenses, including:
- Your medical expenses related to the crash
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against the negligent party
If you need a Accident Attorney, you can Contact Us for a Free Consultation by Clicking Here or calling 215-673-7733.