It is important for those who ride a bicycle to operate them carefully. It is also vital that vehicle drivers exercise caution around cyclists. However, if you are injured and need a Bicycle Accident Attorney, we are ready to step in and help. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we have the knowledge and experience you need to get to the bottom of what happened. Our goal is to prove the negligence of the other party and secure the compensation you deserve.
The Stats Behind Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle safety is important, especially in and around crowded cities like Trenton. Not only do we have plenty of children and adult recreational riders, but we also have people who get to and from work on their bikes.
- Children under the age of 17 are required to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle.
The Centers for Disease Control tells us that there are approximately 500,000 bicycle rider Injuries Each Year in the US.
Bicycle Riders Are Vulnerable
Bicyclists are some of the most vulnerable people in and around the roadway. Despite having the same rights of the road as any other vehicle, passenger car drivers often disregard bicyclists. They follow them too closely or do not pass them with enough space. Bicyclists are particularly vulnerable to Drunk and Distracted Drivers.
Many bicycle accidents happen at intersections, at Crosswalks, on bike paths, or other areas where a cyclist has the right-of-way. Even slow-moving crashes can cause Serious Personal Injuries to a cyclist. Bicyclists do not have the protection necessary to withstand the force of a 4,000-pound passenger vehicle slamming into them.
Our Trenton bicycle accident lawyers commonly see the following injuries in the aftermath of a bike crash:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries/head injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries/paralysis
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or Amputations
Each of these injuries requires medical attention, and some victims need extensive surgery and rehabilitation in order to make a recovery. In the worst cases, a bicycle accident victim is permanently disabled and unable to return to work or enjoy their life the same.
- Wearing a helmet saves lives, but it cannot prevent all bike injuries or fatalities.
When a negligent driver is at-fault, they need to be held accountable for the injuries they cause.
How Much Compensation Is Available?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle crash due to the reckless or careless actions of another person, please seek legal assistance today. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we have the experience in personal injury law you need to get the maximum compensation for your case. This could include:
- Coverage of medical expenses stemming from the accident
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party