Work Injury Lawyer Philadelphia
Any workplace can be riddled with hazardous and dangerous conditions. Construction accidents, chemical exposure, hazardous spills, and heavy equipment failure are all types of incidents that can lead to injuries or death at job sites. When an employer neglects to provide a safe environment for employees and an injury on the job occurs, we get justice.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we know the law. We know the complications and confusion that are entailed with dealing with insurance companies. And above all, we know how to get results. When you put the power of our knowledge and experience on your side, you will get the compensation you deserve.
WHAT IS A WORKPLACE ACCIDENT?
A workplace accident is simply an accident that takes place while you are working. Typically, going to and from work does not count as a work-related accident. However, if you drove for a living or were driving as part of your job (for example, making a delivery at the request of your employer), then you would be eligible for Workers Compensation Benefits if you were injured. The general rule is that if you were injured while working, you meet the workplace injury definition.
Injuries that prevent you from working can be challenging for the injured person and may affect your family. Worries about mounting medical bills and loss of income can paralyze a person and their family. If this is happening to you, a loved one, or a close friend; then you should contact an attorney who can help. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our lawyers will assist you with your claim. The consultation is completely free, and to receive it; you just need to call. It’s that easy.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE KINDS OF WORKPLACE INJURIES THAT PEOPLE SUSTAIN?
Basically any injury that you sustain while at work is a workplace injury. Here are some examples:
- Head Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Heart Issues
- Lung damage
- Muscle strains
- Loss of Limbs
What type of compensation can you get for a workplace injury?
If you have sustained an injury while working, you may be liable to receive the same compensation. The risk of injuries is higher in places where the employees are working with heavy pieces of machinery. If any employee suffers an injury, the organization is liable to compensate the employee. There are certain safety measures that the organization has to follow. If the company fails to comply with those safety measures, the employee can seek filing workplace injury compensation. You can speak to work accident lawyers in Philadelphia to assist you with the procedure and help you win the claim.
You can get compensation for the following damages in the workplace injury claim:
- Compensation for medical and hospital bills
- Compensation for lost wages and income capacity
- Compensation for personal property such as a vehicle or glasses
It is the company’s duty to ensure that the workplace is safe and secure. If you experience any injury at your workplace, you can speak to our Work injury lawyer Philadelphia. Our lawyer will help you at each step of the process. They will also assist you in proving that the employer was negligent.
Negligent situations in the workplace
Here are some of the negligent situations everyday in the workplace:
- Negligent Hiring: When management is hiring, they need to check whether they have the right skills. If they hire the wrong talent, it will affect them as that person won’t perform the job appropriately. In this, the employee is the cause of the accident because he/ she doesn’t have the proper training to perform those tasks.
- Negligent retention: It is when an unsafe situation is created because of the unsafe coworker. If the employer has hired someone who isn’t trained to do the task, it is their duty to correct them or provide them proper training. If they fail to do so, they are responsible for hiring the wrong person or not training them appropriately.
- Negligent Supervision: When the employer or the management isn’t supervising the work, which leads to injuries and these situations. It is the duty of the employer to supervise and ensure that the work is done correctly. If they are not supervising properly, they can be held responsible. You can reach out to a Philadelphia work injury lawyer to file a lawsuit against them and sue them.
- Negligent training: Improper training of employees can lead to severe accidents and injuries. Employers need to ensure that all the employees of their organizations are adequately trained. This will help prevent injuries. However, in case of negligence, you can always file a personal injury lawsuit against the employer.
How can a Work Injury Lawyer Philadelphia help you?
Getting injured at your workplace can be a devastating experience. Most of these work-accidents occur when the organizations and the management fail to provide an appropriate and safe environment for their employees. The right work injury lawyer carries relevant knowledge and experience and can help you get the claim you deserve. It is likely that you won’t be aware of all the technicalities and legalities. It is difficult for a person to adapt and understand all the worker-related laws. However, agencies and law-firms have attorneys who have specialized in these fields.
Our law firm attorneys are well-equipped with different techniques and strategies to help you get the compensation claim. Fight for your right with the help of an experienced Philadelphia work injury lawyer and prevent all the consequences.
What if my workplace injury was my fault?
If you are wondering if you’ll get compensated only when the employer was at-fault, you are wrong. You can even get compensation when you’re partially involved. However, there are certain exceptions in the rules and criteria for getting compensation.
Every state follows a different set of guidelines and exceptions, and you’ll be compensated accordingly. If you’re at fault, your compensation amount is likely going to decrease. If you were at-fault, your employer could fire you for not taking precautions and following the safety measures at work. If you have lost a job, you must consider speaking to our lawyers to know what steps you should take further.
WHAT IF I WAS INJURED WHILE AT WORK, BUT IT IS CAUSED BY SOMEONE NOT RELATED TO MY JOB?
Cases like these are known as third-party cases. Here is an example of a third-party case:
A person is in delivery for their job and is driving to the destination. They are deemed to be at work. The person is stopped at a red light and gets Rear-Ended by the vehicle behind them, and the crash causes severe injuries to the person delivering for work. The injured worker would have a worker’s compensation claim for their medical bills, treatment, and wage loss. The injured worker would have an additional claim against the person who caused the Car Crash for pain and suffering, future pain and suffering, and all other damages available.
In the above example, you would need to contact an attorney. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our lawyers, and staff will help coordinate the work carrier’s payment of wages and medical bills, and we will bring a claim against the at-fault driver. If another while injured you at work or while working, contact our office for a Free Consultation. We can help!