We know that you would not be here on our page today if you were not going through a tragedy. If you have lost a loved one and are seeking a Mercerville Wrongful Death Attorney, let us first express our condolences. We know this is an incredibly difficult time for you and your family.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are here for you. Our team will work to investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you need right now.
These Cases Are Necessary
Many people do not realize that wrongful death cases are civil cases separate from any criminal cases that may be associated with a person’s death. In fact, it is not necessary for a criminal case to be present for a wrongful death case to proceed. These cases are generally brought by family members of a person who has died due to the negligence, carelessness, or willful act of another person or entity.
Today, we want to discuss the common causes of these cases, but please know that this is not a complete list and that you should always speak with an attorney.
- Car Accidents– During the latest reporting year in New Jersey, there were 591 traffic crash deaths. Many of these deaths were due to alcohol-impaired drivers, distracted drivers, or an otherwise negligent driver.
- Defective Products – We know that people are killed due to products that have a design flaw, a manufacturing error, or are not labeled correctly. In some cases, it is not discovered that a product can cause injuries or illnesses until years after it has been on the market.
- Workplace Accidents – It is the duty of all employers, regardless of the industry, to ensure that their employees are as safe as possible. This includes providing them with all the equipment and training necessary to perform their jobs correctly.
- Medical Malpractice – Surgical mistakes, medication errors, infections, misdiagnosis, delayed treatment, and more. All of these things contribute to the more than 250,000 people are killed each year due to errors made by healthcare professionals. This is the third leading causes of death in the US.
- Criminal Activity – If a person is killed while someone else is committing a crime, whether they were killed by mistake or were targeted, the person responsible for their death can be held accountable for their actions.
We Are Here For You
We know that no amount of money will erase the pain that you and your family are feeling right now, but it can help bring a sense of closure. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our compassionate team will sit with you and explain all of your options.
Our goal is to get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure compensation for the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of companionship damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible
If you need a Mercerville Wrongful Death Attorney, you can contact us for a Free Consultation By Clicking Here or calling 609-656-0909.