You can be sure that motorcyclists are aware that they face more risks than regular drivers when they are on the roadways. That is why they operate as safely as possible. However, there are times when the negligence of other drivers can cause serious harm and you may need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney.
At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are here when you need help. Our team will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve for all of your crash-related expenses.
What We Know Can Happen
In the state of New Jersey, we have our fair share of vehicle crashes. For the latest reporting year, there were more than 270,000 total crashes. However, you are probably wondering – how many of those involved motorcycles.
- Around 2,200 motorcycle drivers were involved in crashes in New Jersey in the latest year of data available.
- If you are involved in a motorcycle crash in New Jersey, you have an 82% chance of being injured.
Yes, you read that correctly – most motorcyclists involved in motorcycle crashes are injured. It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries as a result of a motorcycle crash:
- Spinal Cord Trauma (possible paralysis)
- Head injuries/Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or road rash
Even motorcyclists who wear a helmet run the risk of sustaining serious injuries in the event of a collision with a vehicle. Motorcyclists simply have no protection from the force of a vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds slamming into them.
How Do These Crashes Happen?
In New Jersey, more than half of all motorcycle crashes happen at intersections. More than two-thirds of them occur when a vehicle driver does not see the motorcycle at all.
How could this happen? How do they not see the motorcycle?
We know that many motorists ignore motorcyclists. They often do not give them much space to operate at all. We know that certain driving behavior poses even more danger for a motorcyclist:
- Impaired Drivers
- Distracted Drivers
- Speeding and reckless drivers
Regardless of how a vehicle driver causes a motorcycle crash, they need to be held responsible for their actions.
What We Will Do Now
When you decided to become a motorcycle rider, you did so knowing that you would face some risks. Unfortunately, most of those risks are due to negligent drivers. If you or a loved one have been Injured in a motorcycle crash, you may need help from The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C.
Let us get to work now so we can secure the compensation you need for all of your crash-related expenses. This can include:
- Your Medical Bills related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible