There is nothing more difficult than learning that a loved one has died due to the negligent or careless actions of someone else. If that is why you are visiting us here today, then you may wonder if you need a Lindenwold Wrongful Death Attorney.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we want to take a few moments to discuss wrongful death cases, how they typically arise, and how to move forward. Let us get to work when you need compensation after a tragic incident.
What Is A Wrongful Death Case?
Contrary to what many people may think, wrongful death cases are not criminal cases. They are civil lawsuits brought by the families or estates of those who were killed due to the negligent, careless, or wrongful acts of another person, company, or entity.
Sometimes, these cases run in conjunction with a criminal case, but they do not have to. Today, we will discuss some of the common ways in which these cases arise, but please know that this is not a complete list. Always talk to your personal attorney before making any decisions about your particular case.
- Car Accidents – During New Jersey’s latest reporting year, there were 591 traffic-crash fatalities. We know that many of these fatalities were the result of negligent driving behaviors – Impaired Drivers, Distracted drivers, etc.
- Workplace Accidents – Employers must ensure that their workers are as safe as possible. This includes providing them with the training and equipment necessary to perform all functions of their job.
- Product Liability – There are many products on the market shelved that have flawed designs, manufacturing errors, or problems with their labels. These issues can lead to major consumer injuries or deaths.
- Medical Malpractice – Diagnosing mistakes, anesthesia errors, birth injuries, medication errors, surgical errors, delayed treatment, and more are all major medical mistakes. Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States. They kill approximately 250,000 people each year.
- Criminal Defense – When a person is killed due to a criminal act, whether they were killed intentionally or unintentionally, their family may be able to bring a wrongful death claim against the person (or people) responsible.
Let Our Lindenwold Wrongful Death Attorneys Help
We know that this is an incredibly difficult time for you and your family. You need to be focused on comforting loved ones and dealing with this tragedy the best way you can. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., you can count on having a team by your side to get to the bottom of what happened. While we know that no amount of money will erase the pain you are feeling, it can help bring a sense of justice and closure.
We will work to secure:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of companionship damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible