Most people love dogs. In fact, there are around 90 million of them in households around the US. Dogs are popular pets, but what happens if you are attacked by one and need a Dog Attack Attorney? We know this is not something you have likely thought about – until something happens.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we understand that these are difficult cases. You may even know the owner of the dog that attacked you. However, you need compensation for all of your injury-related expenses. Let us get to work.
We Know This Happens
When you are walking down the road and see a dog, the last thing you probably think about is that you will get bitten or attacked. However, we know that these incidents happen more often than most people realize. There are around 4.7 million dog bites each year in this country. The CDC says that around one out of every five dog bites require medical attention of some kind.
Okay, but what can really happen when a dog decides to attack?
You have heard the stories on the news. Dogs have killed people before. Most people do not realize just how powerful a dog’s jaw is. If a dog, for whatever reason, has made the decision to attack someone, the following injuries could occur:
- Severe soft tissue damage
- Muscle and tendon damage
- Artery and vein damage
- Significant Disfigurement
Please know that children and the elderly are at more risk of major injuries in a dog attack. However, this can happen to anyone.
Recovering from these Injuries can be complicated. In many cases, a dog attack victim needs extensive surgery.
- Emergency surgery to repair damages
- Plastic surgery to restore appearance and functionality
Victims of dog attacks often report emotional and psychological damages that can last for years.
Who Is At Fault?
In many cases, we find that a dog’s owner is to blame for an attack. Dog owners must always remember to:
- Ensure their dog is properly secured behind a fence, a door, or inside of a kennel.
- Keep their dog on a leash when they are around other people and pets.
- Never let a dog that is known to be aggressive be around other people or pets.
What Happens Next?
The last thing you ever expected to happen was that you or a loved one would be harmed by a dog. However, you need to know that you have options if the negligence of a dog’s owner was the reason for an attack. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our qualified and experienced team will get to work on securing the compensation you deserve. This can include coverage for:
- Your medical expenses related to the attack
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the dog owner