Stop for a minute and think about what steps you will take in the aftermath of a bus accident. First, if you or a loved one have been harmed, seek medical assistance. Then, you may need to get assistance from a qualified attorney.
If another person’s negligence is responsible for your injuries, we are ready to help. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., you can count on us to be by your side, working to secure the compensation you deserve. When you need a Bus Accident Attorney, call us today.
These Crashes Can Be Dangerous
Consider for a moment the various types of buses that are around our area. The most obvious ones are the school buses that we rely on to get out kids to and from their destinations safely. However, there are plenty of other buses: public transportation buses, long-distance transport buses, airport buses, and more.
Each of these vehicles weighs much more than a regular passenger vehicle, so when they are involved in a crash, the injuries can be severe. It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries in the aftermath of a bus crash:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
These injuries all require immediate medical attention and can lead to the victims needing long periods of rehabilitation and recovery. If a bus crash victim cannot work while they recover, they could lose the income they need to support themselves and their families.
Who can get hurt in a bus crash?
- The passengers on board the bus (passengers are often unrestrained)
- Passengers in vehicles that are struck by a bus
- Pedestrians, Bicyclists, and other parties nearby
For the Latest Reporting Year in Pennsylvania, we know that there were nearly 3,000 people involved in school bus crashes alone. There were injuries in nearly all of those crashes.
We need to be aware of two major things when it comes to bus incidents – driver error and vehicle failure.
- Bus drivers should always be trained to operate each vehicle, should never drive while distracted, and should never be impaired while operating.
- Bus companies and agencies need to continually inspect and maintain their vehicles to prevent failure of any part of the bus.
In the Aftermath of a Crash
We have plenty of buses in and around the city. While the majority of them are safe and have well-trained drivers, there are times when crashes do occur. You need to seek legal assistance if you or a loved one have been injured in a bus crash. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a bus driver or bus company