Getting injured is not on anyone’s list of things to do. However, regardless of any steps you take to stay safe, you cannot control the actions and behaviors of the people around you. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligence of another person, you may need to seek legal assistance.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., you can count on having a qualified and experienced team by your side to secure the compensation you deserve. When you need a Levittown Personal Injury Attorney, call us today.
How Personal Injury Cases Arise
We recognize that there are many ways in which people can get injured. However, if another person, company, or entity is negligent or careless and causes your injury, you may be eligible for compensation. Today, we are going to briefly review some common ways in which personal injury cases arise. This is by no means a complete list, so please speak with an attorney about your particular case.
- Car Accidents And Truck Accidents – During the Latest Reporting Year in Pennsylvania, there were more than 80,000 injuries that resulted from vehicle crashes. Many of those were due to gross driver negligence (impaired driving, distracted driving, speeding, etc.).
- Premises Injuries – One of the most common premises liability cases are slip and fall incident that cause injuries. In fact, they send around One Million People to the ER each year.
- Medical Mistakes – Johns Hopkins researchers say that medical mistakes are the Third Leading Cause of Death in the US. They commonly occur due to preventable incidents such as medication mix-ups, healthcare-acquired infections, surgical mistakes, birth injuries, misdiagnosis, and more.
- Defective Products – There are hundreds of recalls in the US each year, commonly due to products with poor designs, manufacturing errors, or problems with a product label. Each of these can cause significant injuries or illnesses in consumers.
- Animal/Dog Attacks – Around 6 million dog bites occur each year in the US. Around 800,000 of Them require medical attention. In many cases, these dog bites happen due to the negligence of a dog owner’s (failing to keep a dog secured on their premises, letting the dog off its leash, etc.).
- Workplace Accidents – When employers fail to provide workers with the proper equipment and training necessary to do the job, injuries are likely to occur.
If You’re Injured, Don’t Delay
We know that the aftermath of an injury to you or a loved one can be a confusing time. If another person’s carelessness or negligence was the reason for the injury, you may need to seek legal assistance. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to step in and secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party