Lawrenceville is popular for resident bicyclists and visitor bicyclists who frequently pass through on the Lawrence Hopewell Trail or on rides with local cycling clubs. Lawrenceville has made an effort to accommodate the growing number of people reducing their carbon footprints and trying to become healthier by bicycling to work and other destinations. With support from the community, Lawrenceville officials have spent years creating and implementing a plan to make its streets safer for pedestrians and bicyclists.
Even with the community’s continuing best bicycle safety efforts, bicycle accidents still occur and bicyclists still sustain serious injuries as a result. Bicycle Accident Attorneys know that even when bicyclists wear helmets, follow the rules of the road, and practice defensive cycling, all bicycle accidents cannot be avoided. If you have been involved in a bicycle accident, you need an experienced bicycle accident attorney who is an expert in motor vehicle law, bicycle law, and Personal Injury Law.
Building a Bicycle Accident Case
An experienced bicycle accident attorney will build a bicycle accident case in favor of the injured bicyclist in order to strengthen the plaintiff’s position in negotiations with insurance companies and at trial, if necessary. Attorneys will investigate the accident to discover evidence that supports the plaintiff’s case such as obtaining the driver’s cell phone records to determine if distracted driving may have been a factor. They will also look for any available accident recordings from nearby home or business surveillance cameras. They will go over the accident report with the plaintiff to be sure that there are no errors or omissions. And they will speak with witnesses and gather statements to be used on the plaintiff’s behalf.
What Is a Bicycle Accident Claim Worth?
Placing a value or a value range on a bicycle accident case involves evaluating a number of factors including the following:
- Property damage such as damage to your helmet, bicycle, and cell phone.
- Medical bills due to bicycle accident injuries.
- Costs for anticipated future medical treatment.
- Whether or not you were partially at fault. In New Jersey you may still seek financial recovery so long as you were not more at fault for the accident than the defendant.
- Lost income due to not being able to work as a result of your injuries.
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from working in the future or if your injuries limit your ability to work and earn the full income you otherwise would have achieved if you had not sustained the injuries.
- Any disability or disfigurement you suffered as a result of the accident.
- Other serious limitations, consequences, and disruptions you and your family have faced as a result of your accident injuries.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, do not take matters into your own hands, especially when dealing with insurance companies. A Lawrenceville Bicycle Accident Attorney with The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. will review your case and discuss available recovery options. You deserve to be compensated for your bicycle accident injuries and damages and the negligent driver deserves to be held accountable.