You and your loved ones probably go so many places a week that you lose count. However, as you go about your routines, you never think you will need a Lansdale Premises Liability Lawyer. If the negligence of a property owner of the people who work for them has caused you harm, we are standing by to help.
The team at The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. will investigate this incident and work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve for your injury-related expenses.
What can happen on another person’s property?
We would ask you to count how many places you go each week, but that would be a tough task. Whether you are at the store or the local playground with your kids, you should never have to worry about something happening. However, we know that there are times when the negligence of property owners and the people who work for them can cause injuries.
- Slip and Fall/trip and fall incidents – These are the most common causes of injuries on other people’s property. They are also the most easily preventable and are caused by wet floors, loose carpeting or floor material, stairs that have no grip or are broken, uneven pavement in parking lots, low-lying obstacles, and more.
- Poor Maintenance – Regular inspections and preventative maintenance are a must for property owners. Any area that patrons or workers have access to should be free from hazards, including, stairs, benches, store displays, shelving, elevators, escalators, doorways, and more.
- Restaurants – Restaurant owners and employees have the added responsibility of ensuring that food is properly stored and prepared. They also have a higher risk of slip and fall incidents due to spills of drinks and food.
- Private Residences – Private residence owners also have a duty to ensure anyone who comes on their property is safe by locating and repairing any hazardous conditions present.
- Security Concerns – Property owners should also ensure that there is adequate security for anyone who has a right to be on their property. Sometimes this takes to form of ensuring law enforcement or security personnel are present. It also includes ensuring that door and window locks work properly (important for apartment complexes and dorms) and that surveillance is continual.
It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries as a result of these incidents:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Spinal Cord Injuries/whiplash
- Head Injuries/concussions
How we will help moving forward?
Whether it was a slip and fall incident or an Injury that happened due to poor maintenance, you should never be responsible for expenses if the negligence of a property owner has caused you harm. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to get to work on securing the compensation you need to get through this, including:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against the property owner