We all hear about the dangers of drinking and driving, but you never expect that you will ever need a DUI Accident Lawyer. However, if you or a loved one have been harmed due to the actions of an alcohol-impaired driver, we are here to help.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., you can count on us to investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve for all of your crash-related expenses. You should never be left in financial jeopardy due to the actions of a drunk driver.
Why are these crashes so severe?
When a person is impaired by alcohol while driving, they often travel at high rates of speed and rarely slow down before an impact with another vehicle. Because of this, DUI crashes often result in serious injuries. We commonly see the following in the aftermath of a DUI crash:
- Spinal Cord Injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or Amputations
These injuries are devastating and often require a victim to undergo extensive rehabilitation. In many cases, a DUI crash victim is temporarily or permanently disabled. This can mean that they are no longer able to enjoy life the same way. It means that they may not be able to earn an income to support themselves or their families.
- Medical expenses for these crashes can reach into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- The other hidden costs of crashes can lead to financial ruin for DUI crash victims and their families.
For the latest reporting year in PA, we know that there were more than 128,000 Car Accidents. Out of those, there were 1,137 fatalities and more than 80,000 injuries.
How many of these crashes involved an alcohol-impaired driver?
- There were 10,346 crashes involving alcohol-impaired drivers
- 26% of all traffic deaths during the latest year were alcohol-related (293)
We want to point out that Pennsylvania has dram shop and liquor laws that make it illegal for those who sell or serve alcohol to continue to serve a person who is visibly intoxicated (or to anyone under the age of 21). If they do serve someone who is visibly intoxicated and that person causes an injury, they could be held liable.
What happens moving forward?
Crashes involving alcohol-impaired drivers are often devastating for everyone involved. If you or a loved one has been Injured due to the actions of a drunk driver, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to get to work on securing the compensation you need to get through this, including:
- Coverage for all of your medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work while you recover
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the person responsible