Most of us will get injured, in some way or another, in our lifetimes. Usually, we heal from these injuries and make a full recovery. Unfortunately, there are some injuries that are catastrophic, ones that completely alter our lives and the lives of our families.
Spinal cord injuries have the potential to disrupt everything and they can happen in a variety of different ways. Do you know where to turn if you or a loved one suffer a Spinal Cord Injury that is caused by someone else’s negligence?
When you need a Chester Spinal Cord Injury Attorney, you can turn to The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. for help in getting coverage for all of your accident-related expenses.
The Hard Statistics
According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, spinal cord injuries are more common than more people realize. There are an estimated 282,000 people in the United States with spinal cord injuries. Each year sees around 17,000 new cases.
Spinal cord injuries happen primarily because of:
- Vehicle Accidents
- Sports accidents
- Medical Mistakes.
These are all things that can happen to anyone, anywhere. We want to note that workplace incidents, especially in high-risk industries like construction, account for many spinal cord injuries.
The costs associated with spinal cord injuries can be tremendous. For the first year of medical treatment alone, costs can range from around $350,000 to well over a million dollars, depending on the severity of the injury. For every following year, the costs range from around $40,000 to around $200,000 annually.
Do you know if your insurance will cover these long-term costs? How about the Hidden Costs associated with these injuries?
- Home and vehicle accommodations are often necessary to allow for easier mobility of the spinal cord injury victim.
- The emotional costs of these injuries apply both to the person who suffers an injury as well as their family.
- Counseling is often needed for the welfare of a victim and their family and this can lead to unexpected medical bills.
- People who suffer spinal cord injuries are much more likely to suffer illnesses. Up to 30 percent of people with an SCI are re-hospitalized one or more times a year.
What To Do Next
We know that if you are dealing with a spinal cord injury that occurred to you or your loved one, you are going through a difficult time. The last thing you need to be dealing with is trying to secure compensation for all of the expenses, especially if someone else’s negligence caused the injury.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our qualified and experienced team will work with you to secure compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses (current and future)
- Loss of future income
- Loss of enjoyment of life/pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
If you need a Chester Spinal Cord Injury Attorney, you can contact us for a Free Consultation by Clicking Here or calling 215-673-7733.