The last thing you expect when you buy something is for it to cause harm to you or someone you love. Whether it is a food you buy, a medicine you take, or a product you use around the household, you should be able to expect a safe product.
Unfortunately, there are times when the things we use and consume causes us harm due to the negligence of a company or manufacturer. When that happens, you need to know where to turn. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to step in and help when you need a Chester Product Liability Lawyer.
Faulty products hit the market all the time and the problems usually can be traced to one of three things:
- Faulty Designs – if a product is poorly designed from the beginning and the poor design is not discovered, this can result in millions of units being sold before the problem is discovered.
- Manufacturing Issues – even if a product has a good design, things can happen during the manufacturing process that causes it to be altered from its original design.
- Labeling Problems – Manufacturers must properly warn consumers of all issues that can cause harm to consumers. This includes hard goods with hazard warnings, foods and ingredient labels, medications and side effects, and more.
In any of the three cases above, if the manufacturer is irresponsible, they should be held liable for the resulting Personal Injuries.
When it comes to faulty products, our minds often jump to the things we see on the nightly news like ignition switches causing vehicle fires or food recalls that affect the nation. Yes, these happen regularly, but there are also long-term issues to worry about.
Many products affect us slowly and over long periods of time before we realize they are harmful. This was the case with cigarettes. Their harmful effects were willfully covered up by the companies that produced them.
Are there any products on the market now that can cause us to harm over time?
We have seen recent cases of pesticides and baby powder causing cancer, something nobody expected.
We use many chemicals in our daily lives, from cleaners to cosmetics. How many of these products will have long-term consequences that we have never been warned about?
Whether a product has caused an obvious injury or is affect us over time, we need to be concerned with who will cover the expenses when something happens. It should certainly be the company and manufacturer that makes the product, but proving these cases can be difficult.
How To Fix This
If a product you have purchased has caused you or loved one harm, the time to secure legal assistance is now. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we will get to work on securing the compensation you need, including:
- Coverage for medical expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
- And more
When you need a Chester Product Liability Attorney, you can contact us for a Free Consultation by Clicking Here or calling 215-673-7733.