Take a moment and think about the items you use every day. Starting in the morning, you may use the stove or microwave to get breakfast ready. That is two products. You may have eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. Four more products. Do not forget the coffee pot you used, including the filter. Two more.
Breakfast is not even over and you have used eight products, or possibly even more.
Throughout our day, we trust the things we use and consume to be safe for ourselves and our families. Unfortunately, there are times when faulty products make it to the market and cause major injuries or illnesses.
Do you know what to do if this happens to you?
If you need a Bristol Product Liability Lawyer, you can count on the qualified and experienced team at The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. to be by your side, working to secure the compensation you deserve.
Types of Dangerous Product Flaws
Take a look at the government website that tracks all current recalls in the US. You are sure to find some surprises. The products recalled span each industry. You will see recalled vehicles, furniture, appliances, cosmetics, foods, and medicines. While many of us see the high-profile recall cases on the news, the problem goes well beyond those.
Do you know if the thousands of products you use each day are safe? Do you trust everything you purchase around your family?
These cases usually arise in one of three ways:
- Design Flaws can make entire lines of products dangerous to These flaws are often not realized until after millions of the products are already on the market and in the hands of consumers.
- Design Flaws can pose many of the same dangers as design flaws, but the mistake happens at one of the stages of manufacturing, altering a product from its original design.
- Labeling Errors can happen in many ways and often include a company not listing all of the possible hazards associated with their products (choking hazards, burn hazards, medication side effects, allergens, etc.). This can also include incorrect dosage labeling on medications.
If you are not sure if your case is a product liability case, it is always wise to seek the advice of a qualified attorney before moving forward.
How to Respond to the Situation
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or illness due to a product you have purchased, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Product liability cases are not easy to prove, but they are necessary to hold irresponsible companies accountable for their actions. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to take your case and fight to ensure you receive compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages against the responsible company