While we know that the roadways are unpredictable, you never expect that you will get into a crash with a rideshare vehicle or while you are in an Uber. However, The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. are here when you nee a Bethlehem Uber Accident Lawyer. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will get to work on your behalf. You should not be left holding the bills if the negligence of another person has caused you harm, so let us secure the compensation you need.
What Can Happen in These Incidents?
Uber drivers are just like the rest of us – they can make driving mistakes, and they can be struck by negligent drivers. We know vehicle crashes are a reality in Pennsylvania. During the Latest Reporting Year, there were more than 128,000 vehicle crashes that caused more than 80,000 injuries.
While we realize that most crash injuries are minor, that does not mean they are cheap. Minor injuries can cause serious financial hardship. Major Personal Injuries can lead to enormous expenses and time away from work, increasing the financial burden on crash victims and their families.
- Uber crashes happen. The question is where to turn when they do.
How Does the Insurance Work?
This is not an easy question to answer because it really depends on what the driver was doing at the time of the crash. You may find that you are dealing with (battling) a driver’s personal insurance company as well as Uber’s insurance company.
- If a driver is signed into the app and has a passenger or is on the way to get a passenger, then Uber $1 million policy is in place to cover the driver, their passengers, and anyone else involved in the crash (other vehicle passengers, pedestrians, etc.).
- If a driver is signed into the app and is waiting to be alerted to a passenger pickup, then their personal insurance company is the primary insurer in a crash. Uber’s insurance (less than their $1 million policy) will only kick in if the primary insurer denies a claim or does not cover all of the expenses.
- If a driver is not signed into the Uber app to work, their primary insurer is responsible for all expenses related to a crash.
Let Us Help After a Rideshare Crash
If you or someone you love has been injured in an incident with an Uber vehicle, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Whether you were the passenger in the Uber or struck by an Uber vehicle, The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. are ready to get to work. Our team will get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include coverage for:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible