When you are driving down the road next to a large truck, we know that the last thing you want to think about is getting into a crash. However, we know that these incidents happen, and you need to know where to turn for help.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are here when you need a Bethlehem Truck Accident Lawyer. If the negligence or carelessness of a truck driver or company has caused you harm, we will secure the compensation you deserve.
How Do Truck Crashes Happen in the First Place?
We can learn about truck crashes in Pennsylvania from our Department of Transportation. For the Latest Reporting Year for here, we know that there were 6,807 total heavy truck crashes. Unfortunately, there has been an upward trend in heavy truck crashes and fatalities over the last five years in the commonwealth.
- Driver Negligence: in many cases, the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver cause a crash. This could be due to them operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs. It could also be due to operating while distracted by their phones or other devices.
- Vehicle Failure: The DOT says that many truck crashes happen due to problems with poorly maintained vehicles. Truck owners must regularly inspect each vehicle in order to prevent problems with the tires, wheels, braking system, powertrain, suspension, lighting, and more.
Truck drivers and truck companies must obey all state and federal regulations regarding the safe operation of their vehicles. This includes their amount of weight they are allowed to carry as well as how many hours they drive each day.
What can happen in these cases?
These trucks weigh much more than regular passenger vehicles. A loaded eighteen-wheeler can reach 80,000 pounds. When this weight impacts a passenger vehicle that may weigh 4,000 pounds, the results are often devastating. It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries as a result of a large truck crash:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries/Head Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries/paralysis
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Crush injuries/compartment syndrome
- Severe lacerations or Amputations
Not only will victims of a truck crash have to deal with incoming medical expenses, but they could also be dealing with other hidden crash expenses such as lost income if they cannot work, the cost of extended care, emotional and psychological damages, and more.
It Is Time to Take Control of Your Situation
While we realize that the immediate aftermath of a truck crash can be confusing, you may need to seek legal assistance if you or a loved one has been injured.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we will work diligently on your behalf if the negligence of a truck company or driver is the reason for the crash. You need compensation for your crash-related expenses, including coverage for:
- All of your medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages
If you need a Bethlehem Truck Accident Attorney, you can contact us for a Free Consultation by Clicking Here or calling 215-673-7733.