When you have children, you quickly learn that they are going to suffer many injuries in their youth. They will take a tumble on their bicycle, bump their heads on counters, and catch their fingers in doors and drawers.
You do your best to prevent injuries to your children by taking precautions such as childproofing your house and making kids wear helmets while riding bicycles, but there are some injuries that you simply cannot prevent as a parent, especially when those injuries are caused by someone else’s negligent conduct.
Our Atlantic City Children Injuries Attorneys understand the emotional and financial consequences involved in child injury cases and that is why we are dedicated to seeking maximum compensation for the victims and their families.
Importance of Acting Quickly in Child Injury Cases
When your child has sustained serious injuries, the expenses of medical bills, time you have to take off of work, and required injury rehabilitation and recovery may be overwhelming. Seeking legal advice as quickly as possible is important in order to begin the process of securing a financial recovery against negligent parties that will help to cover expenses and necessary injury accommodations.
Physical and emotional healing after a child is injured takes time for the child and his or her loved ones, but the process can be smoother and quicker when an attorney handles your case. An attorney will handle all legal matters in order to strengthen your case including conducting factual investigations, interviewing witnesses, negotiating with insurance companies, and trying your case to a jury when necessary.
Types of Child Injuries
Types of injuries that we frequently see in our children injuries cases include those listed below:
- Sports injuries
- Injuries sustained in Car Accidents
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
- Slips, Trips, and Falls due to dangerous conditions on public property, places of business, or someone else’s home
- Defective Products causing injuries to children
- Dog Bites and dog attacks
- Swimming pool injuries caused by poorly maintained or poorly secured pools
- Playground and amusement park accidents
- Daycare injuries or other negligent supervision cases
- School injuries including injuries that occur while school is in session or injuries that occur during extra curricular practices and activities
- School bus injuries caused by negligence in bus operation, maintenance, driver hiring, or safety training
- Childbirth injuries caused by negligent medical professionals
Negotiating with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies may be quick to call you and offer a settlement for your child’s injuries. This usually tells you that they believe they have significant financial exposure in this case and that they want to limit their liability and payout to as little as possible. They also may want to avoid paying legal fees, which add up quickly once a lawsuit is file. If your child has sustained injuries caused by someone else’s negligence, contact an Atlantic City Children Injuries Attorney with The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. to schedule a consultation. Our attorneys are experienced insurance negotiators who will work to maximize the compensation that your child deserves.