The last thing anyone should have to worry about is getting injured due to an attack by someone else’s dog or other pet. Unfortunately, these incidents are not uncommon. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we want to help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Our knowledgeable and experienced team will get to work on your case immediately so we can determine whether the dog’s owner is liable for your expenses. When you need a Philadelphia Dog Bite Lawyer, we are ready to get to work.
Are owners liable for pet attacks?
When we discuss these cases, the most common type of case is a dog bite attack. However, as we discuss these cases, please know that a pet owner can be held liable for any pet they have that causes another person harm.
The injuries do not necessarily have to be from a bite. In many instances, large pets can cause other injuries. Large dogs commonly push people over and cause fall injuries.
Let’s talk about bites first
If a dog or other pet causes harm due to a bite, there are a few ways in which the owner can be held liable.
- The One-Bite Rule – this can be used to allow a victim to recover full compensation for an injury from a bite when the pet has bitten someone int eh past or when the owner should have known that the pet had a propensity for violence.
- Severe Injury Cases – if a pet causes a severe injury, the owner can be held liable for damages regardless of the history of the animal. A severe injury is one that results in broken bones, severe disfigurement, etc. In these cases, a person can recover medical bills, financial losses, and legal damages.
- Non-Severe Injury Cases – if an injury is not considered severe, a person can only recover their medical expenses from the incident.
What about other injuries?
Aggressive pets can also cause other injuries. If a pet scares someone, it can cause:
- A person to fall down stairways or off of a sidewalk
- A heart attack sustained when attempting to getaway
- Bicycle accidents when a cyclist attempts to getaway
In these instances and more, you should secure an attorney to pursue a personal injury case against a pet’s owner.
Let us get to work on your case today
If you or someone you love has been Injured by someone’s dog or other pet, you may be entitled to compensation. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to help you with your case.
Our knowledgeable and experienced team understands that these claims can become complicated, but we want to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. This could include:
- Coverage of your medical bills
- Compensation for lost income if you cannot work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the pet’s owner
When you need an attorney, you can contact us by calling 215-673-7733. Remember, it does not have to be a dog bite for us to help. Owners can be held liable for any pet that causes harm.