Minors Driving without a License Lawyer Philadelphia
Maybe you were trying to have a good time while showing off for your friends, or you were in the mood for a quick trip, figuring nothing bad could happen. Unfortunately, when we’re young we often don’t consider the consequences of our actions. But the fact of the matter is that if you are a Minor Caught Driving without a License in Philadelphia, you will be facing penalties which can have a significant adverse impact on your future behind the wheel. If you are convicted of driving without a license while being a minor, PennDOT will delay and prohibit you from applying for your Learner’s Permit or Junior License.
If you are under the age of 16, the penalties are as follows:
- For a first offense, a period of 90 days commencing upon your 16th birthday
- For a second offense, a period of one year commencing upon your 16th birthday
- For a third offense, and any offense thereafter, a period of two years commencing upon your 16th birthday
The effect of this is that you will have to wait that much longer to secure a driver’s permit, and ultimately a driver’s license. Besides being a serious drain on your adolescent social life, you may find it more difficult to secure and keep a job, or drive to and from college.
If you are under 18 years old, but over 16 years old, the penalties are as follows:
- For a first offense, a period of 90 days from the date of the suspension
- For a second offense, a period of one year from the date of the suspension
- For a third offense, and any offense thereafter, a period of two years from the date of the Suspension
If you are charged with additional offenses connected to your driving without a license as a minor, the additional penalties may prove overwhelming. With minors these days, the social implications of being the one minor who cannot get his license when others do can have a significant impact on the minor’s life. The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. can help you and your child do as much damage control as possible, ensuring their future is protected, in spite of their mistake.
This content was written on behalf of an experienced Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer Greg Prosmushkin.