The last thing that is ever on your mind when you see a dog is that it may attack you or a loved one. However, there are times when the negligence or carelessness of a dog’s owner can lead to an attack on an innocent person. If you need a Dog Attack Lawyer, please call us today.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are going to investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you need for all of your crash-related expenses.
These Attacks Can be Serious
Dog attacks are something that most people see on the news but never think can happen to them or a loved one. After all, there are around 90 million dogs in households as pets, so how bad could the problem be.
- There are around 4.7 million dog bites in the US each year.
- Approximately one out of every five people bitten needs medical care.
- Children and the elderly are at the highest risk of Serious Injuries in a dog attack.
We recognize that many dog bites and attacks are not the faults of a pet’s owner, but there are times when the negligence or carelessness of a dog owner directly contribute to serious injuries. This can include a dog owner:
- Allowing a dog that is known to be aggressive, or has attacked someone in the past, to be around other pets and people.
- Allowing a dog to roam freely without a leash despite local laws that do not allow this.
- Failing to properly secure their dog on their property (leaving a door or fence open).
Injuries from dog attacks can be severe. Please understand that dogs have powerful jaws that can inflict the following injuries:
- Severe soft tissue damage
- Muscle and tendon damage
- Artery and vein damage
- Significant disfigurement
These injuries require a victim to undergo immediate medical treatment. In many cases, a dog attack victim will need extensive follow-up surgeries to fix any disfigurement or loss of functionality to an area of their body. This medical treatment is not cheap. Medical bills can reach into the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. In many cases, a dog attack victim will miss work while they recover. Who will cover their lost income?
After an Incident with a Dog
If you or someone you love has been attacked by a dog and you think that the dog’s owner is at fault, please secure legal assistance today. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our team understands these cases and knows they can become complex. You do not have to wait around for an insurance company to determine a settlement amount. Let us get to work so we can secure:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the dog’s owner