Personal Injury Lawyer Northeast Philadelphia
Call: (215) 673-7733
Serious accidents go hand and hand with devastating injuries, emotional pain, and economic destitution. Worse still, the aftermath of an accident is rarely less stressful or aggravating than the misfortunate event itself.
Dealing with insurance companies often causes victims to feel helpless, as they may be treated like a number instead of someone who has just experienced a life-altering tragedy. If you are going through this, we know that this is a difficult time for you. That is why the attorneys at The Law Office of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., pledge to make sure you receive the compassionate care and compensation that you deserve.
If you or a loved one is suffering from an injury caused by another’s negligence or mistake, you will encounter several problems. First of all, there are your physical injuries – such as Spinal Injuries, Burn Injuries, or scarring and disfigurement – to recover from.Moreover, there may be financial issues to consider. You might have expensive medical bills to pay, and you could be missing work. Recovering from an injury is often a slow and strenuous process. However, an experienced personal injury attorney can help you obtain a fair personal injury settlement and recover from the financial issues resulting from the accident.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we provide aggressive service built on a foundation of skill and dedication – we are driven to get the best possible results for each of our clients. Call us today in Pennsylvania at (215) 673-7733 or in New Jersey at (609) 656-0909. We have offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Trenton, New Jersey, but we are happy to visit you in your home or hospital room if necessary.
- Car Accidents
For many years, our firm has handled personal injury cases involving Car Accidents, Truck Accidents, and accidents involving other types of motor vehicles. We work tirelessly to ensure that our clients receive all of the compensation to which they are entitled through favorable personal injury settlements and verdicts.
- Dog Bites
Our work with individuals injured by Dog Bites or dog attacks addresses all of the issues a victim may experience. We work to help clients overcome physical, psychological, and/or cosmetic trauma.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents
Certain structural defects or weather conditions can affect safety when walking on another’s property. Our skilled attorneys relentlessly pursue compensation for those injured in Slip-and-Fall Accidents.
- Defective Products
Consumers reasonably expect that the products they purchase are safe to use. However, when safety standards go overlooked, everyday household items can and do cause serious injury, and in some cases even death. Talk to our firm about your options in obtaining a personal injury settlement in a Product Liability Claim.
If you need efficient legal assistance – the type that gets you the personal injury compensation you deserve – the time to act is now. Contact The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., today to schedule your Free Initial Consultation.
Suffering an injury caused by another individual or entity is not only a painful experience, but an overwhelming and confusing one. In fact, many injured Pennsylvanians may not even realize that they can pursue financial compensation for their injury.Following an injury, your life can become strained not just financially, but emotionally, physically, and socially. Though no amount of money in the world can undo the traumatizing experience that you went through, fair compensation can and should make your post-injury life easier by addressing damages and losses including pain, suffering, past and future medical bills, loss of income, and many more.
Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers from The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., are available 24/7 for a free phone consultation. They can answer all of your questions about personal injury law in Pennsylvania.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY TORT LAW?
Tens of thousands of people in Pennsylvania alone face personal injuries from auto accidents annually. Each year, PennDOT reveals an eye-opening report with facts and figures related to crashes the previous year. By taking a look at it, you can surely be reminded of how important it is to stay alert on the road as well as take the necessary steps after a car crash to protect yourself.
In Pennsylvania, personal injury tort law recognizes several different forms of liability after an accident results from another person’s or entity’s carelessness, negligence, recklessness, wrongdoing, or intentional act:
- Personal injury negligence: “This type of tort law applies when an individual or business fails to take reasonable precautions or adhere to appropriate standards of care and you get injured as a result,” explains our skilled personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia.
- Intentional act: This applies when another individual or entity intentionally engages in an activity to cause you injury.
- Strict liability: Accidents fall under strict liability when there is a responsibility to other people, regardless of whether any unreasonable conduct was involved.
- Product liability: This is considered a subcategory of strict liability. Under this legal theory, product manufacturers have a duty to ensure that their products are safe for use and provide reasonable instructions or labels that include safety precautions and warnings about any hidden hazards.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN I RECEIVE THROUGH MY PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM?
“If you are planning to pursue a personal injury case against the at-fault party, knowing what types of damages you can receive is of paramount importance,” says our Philadelphia personal injury lawyer.
Depending on many factors in your personal injury case and the nature and extent of your injury, the following damages may be recoverable in your case:
- Medical care includes past, present, and future medical bills related to treating your injury or condition as well as any rehabilitation costs that you may incur in the long run.
- Lost wages reflect the value of your loss of income now and in the future.
- Property damage or loss. If your vehicle, cell phone, or any other belongings or property were damaged or destroyed in your accident or incident, you may be entitled to damages for it.
- Pain and suffering damages may be recoverable if you have experienced physical or emotional pain, discomfort, or inconvenience.
- Emotional distress and mental anguish are key factors related to an injury of which many victims underestimate the value. In reality, these two types of non-tangible damages alone can be worth thousands of dollars.
- Diminished quality of life may have resulted if your injury has had a negative impact on your ability to do the things you enjoy or your lifestyle as a whole, and you may have a right to pursue compensation for it.
WHY SHOULD I HIRE A PHILADELPHIA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY?
The vast majority of people who ask this question after suffering an injury have never been seriously injured before and have no idea what it really means to engage in a legal battle with someone who is not particularly keen on paying for their damages and losses.
By having a skilled personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia by your side, you can entrust your legal matters to a professional who knows how to handle a personal injury case in order to win the maximum compensation.
Dealing with insurance companies is a rather unpleasant aspect of seeking compensation for your personal injury. Insurers in Pennsylvania – or any other state for that matter – only care about their own profits. Insurance companies are businesses, and denying and minimizing personal injury claims is their way of making money at the expense of their policyholders.
Let our Philadelphia personal injury lawyer from The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., handle your legal matters so that you do not have to cope with more stress than necessary. Instead, focus on your medical treatment to recover as soon as possible while our legal experts work toward pursuing financial compensation on your behalf. Call (215) 673-7733 to get a free phone consultation right now.