Getting injured is not on anyone’s list of things to do and we never think about just how much an injury can affect our lives. However, if you or a loved one have been hurt due to the negligence of another person, you may need a Personal Injury Attorney.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are here for you. Our team understands personal injury cases and will work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve if another person has caused you harm.
What Can Happen?
We realize that the term “personal injury” covers a wide range of ways that a person can get hurt. Today, we want to review some of the most common ways people are injured due to the negligence of other people.
- Car Accidents: For the latest reporting year in New Jersey, more than 60,000 people were injured in traffic crashes. In many of these cases, the crash was caused by a distracted or impaired driver.
- Workplace Incidents: Workers should always have the equipment and training necessary to perform their jobs safely. Employers have a duty to ensure worker safety.
- Defective Products: The government website used to keep track of all current recalls shows us just how many products are on the market that can cause consumer injuries due to poor designs, manufacturing errors, and labeling issues.
- Medical Malpractice: These are the third leading cause of death in the country and injure millions of people each year. Some common medical mistakes are misdiagnosis, delayed treatment, infections, surgical mistakes, medication mix-ups, birth injuries, etc.
- Slip And Fall Incidents/Premises Issues: Property owners and the people who work for them have a duty to ensure their premises are safe from hazardous conditions. If they fail to do so, they could be held liable for patron injuries.
For each of these injuries, and all other ways people get hurt, victims will face tremendous expenses. Not only do they have to contend with enormous medical bills, but they have to worry about other hidden costs associated with injuries. These costs include things like:
- Wages lost if a victim cannot work while they recover
- Any necessary home and vehicle accommodations
- Emotional and psychological damages due to a loss of enjoyment of life
- Long-term care if a victim is disabled
How We Can Help Now
Okay, the medical emergency may be over but the financial emergency may just be starting. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligence or carelessness of someone else, you may need to seek legal assistance. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to get to work on your behalf.
Our qualified and experienced team will investigate your case and work to secure compensation for the following:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible