A car accident is defined in most states as an accident involving a motor vehicle. This includes Trucks, bicycles, Pedestrians, and Motorcycles. If you were involved in an accident with a car and any of these vehicles, including another car, you should consult an attorney immediately.

Navigating your way without an attorney through the adjusters, medical providers, billings, and upcoming treatment requires specialized assistance. However, here are some helpful pointers:

Who Pays My Medical Bills?

Pennsylvania and New Jersey are both known as “No-Fault” states. Each has a different system by which they pay medical bills and the laws governing car accidents, which is why you should consult an attorney.

However, what both states have in common is that the medical bills are paid through priority coverages. This means that if you are insured with an automobile insurance policy, this policy is the first to bill against for medical treatment.

If you do not own a car, but live with a relative, then the relative’s car insurance pays your medical bills. In Pennsylvania, the average medical benefits amount is usually up to $5,000.00; In New Jersey, it can be as high as $250,000.00 (less a $1,200.00 deductible).

Once you exhaust this coverage, your private health insurance is responsible for the remaining bills and treatment. The defendant is not responsible for your medical bills if you have any of the above insurance. If you do not, the defendant is responsible for the bills only at the end of the case.

Billing issues, payment issues, liability issues, and a whole host of other roadblocks are out there to prevent you from obtaining the right result.

The attorneys and staff at Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. know all too well the problems that ordinary citizens encounter when they try to handle matters on their own in this area of law. We at Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. have handled thousands of such claims. Consultations are free, and we welcome your questions and issues.

What Does Limited Tort or Lawsuit Threshold Mean? I Thought That I Had Full Coverage!

Look at the declarations page of your insurance policy. This is the document you receive when you purchase insurance or renew your current insurance. It looks like an itemized list of your coverages and how much you pay for each.

If you are from Pennsylvania, the declaration page will state whether you have Full Tort or Limited Tort. If you are from New Jersey, your declaration page will state that you have a Lawsuit Threshold or No Lawsuit Threshold.

These terms have nothing to do with full coverage. These terms dictate whether you would have to prove serious injuries or not. Full Tort and No Lawsuit Threshold allow you to claim damages against the wrongdoer for anything you suffered, no matter how serious or not.

Unfortunately, if you have chosen Limited Tort or Lawsuit Threshold on your policy, you can still maintain a claim but will have to prove a serious injury.

Even if you think your injury is serious, the insurance company evaluating your claim determines seriousness and not you. For this reason, you should always protect yourself and choose the right tort option for your car insurance coverage.

Consult for free at The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. we can help you understand your policy and make the right decision for your coverage. We will represent you even if you have chosen Limited Tort as your lawsuit threshold. Our attorneys are available for a free consultation at any time.

What If the Person Who Caused the Accident Did Not Have Any Insurance or Did Not Have Enough Insurance to Compensate Me for My Injuries and Losses?

Protecting yourself if in a Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers is the key to making sure that you never have to worry about the other person. If you have car insurance, you need to ensure that you have coverage, even if the other person does not. This coverage is called Uninsured Motorist Coverage.

For a small premium on your insurance, you can contract for coverage if the other person has none. This includes Injuries caused by persons operating a stolen vehicle, injuries caused by a person who was an unauthorized use of an insured car, or injuries from a person whose insurance company denied coverage for any reason. Contact the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. for a free consultation regarding this coverage.

If you were seriously injured, and the person who caused the injury had insurance but not enough to compensate you for your injuries and other losses, then that person is underinsured for your claim.

You can use your insurance policy to protect yourself by paying a small additional premium for additional coverage called Underinsured Motorist Coverage. This coverage applies if the other person didn’t have enough to compensate you for your claim.

What Do I Do about Property Damage?

Property damage claims can be time-consuming and very frustrating when handling them without an attorney’s assistance. At Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we assist you with your property damage needs.

We determine whether you should claim your own company or the other person’s company, and then we fight to ensure that you get value for your property damage. Just give us a call for a free consultation, and we will be happy to show you the proper path to take.

Omar Zubair via Google+
Date published: 20190809
5 out of 5
Greg represented my case for the past five years and did a wonderful job. During my case, he did his best as initially promised and the outcome was in my favor! I'm thankful for every minute that he spent on my case because he was flawless.